A simple Bedikas Chometz Kit!
A great Craft for all ages!
You will need:
- An envelope to hold contents
- A candle
- A wooden spoon (often found in restaurant supply stores or dollar stores…sometimes called mustard spoons)
- A feather (found in craft stores, like Michaels)
- A light stick for kids to use instead of a candle so they can feel a part of the Mitzvah and stay safe.
- 10 pieces of bread pre packaged or 10 little envelopes or squares of napkins or plastic bags as seen in photo, to be included in envelope so the kids could add their own bread pieces at home.
- Instructions to parents on Bedikas Chometz (I will post soon)
Decorations for the front can be any of the following:
- cut out pictures of chometz from magazines and glue on front
- Numbers 1 – 10 with a line or a check list so they can keep track of the places the pieces were hidden.
- Their own drawing of chometz
The possibilities are endless!
You can also have the kids play a game, hunting for the items they need for Bedikas Chometz…and then they can pack their kits and decorate!