With so many Menorah lightings, events and programs, I find that the ‘event’ we dedicate to our children is the most precious and special of all.
A game of dreidel with hot cocoa, a fun packaged Chanukah gelt surprise, and this year, a nosh filled box to say ‘thank you’ to each one of our kids for all they do, not only in our shlichus, but especially during these past two challenging months.
So, to each of my dear kinderlach, I thank you from the deepest part of my heart, for all your sensitivity, kind help, unbelievable strength and for each of you just being who you are.
Wishing you all a very sweet Chanukah!
To create these Chanukah treats:
- Nosh is from LA. www.lamunchies.com
- The cute containers are all from www.bakeitpretty.com
- To re-package nosh of your choice so it looks pretty, like the rum balls, simply order different size plastic adhesive bags from www.papermart.com or www.uline.com
For some more fun ideas for the family gathering at home:
- Play your own game of pictionary, using Chanukah as the theme
- Purchase ceramics to paint at home
- Make a cooking class or cake/cookie decorating project