Birthdays in our house are always fun!
So, first of all, Mazal Tov to a my best friend in life! May this year bring you all the blessings in the world!
Here is a really cute idea that I decided to try out for my husbands birthday today!
This is really a simple fun way to make a personalized card! My kids loved writing their little note on the back and I know this card will be long lasting one full of memories!
Things you will need:
- A photo of your choice (I used a family photo we took during this past summer)
- Popcicle sticks of any width (I used the medium size ones but any size will work)
- An exacto knife
- Glue stick or modge podge or an adhesive roller (which I used)
- A pen that writes easily on wood. (I used LePen but a sharpie would work too!)
How to Make this Puzzle card:
- Place your photo, picture side down.
- Line up your popsicle sticks along the back next to each other. Trim any leftover edge of photo if you need to using your exact knife.
- Using your adhesive roller (found at Michaels) or other kind of adhesive, stick one popsicle down starting at either side of photo.
- Then very carefully, use your exact life to cut directly down the edge of the popsicle stick, cutting through the photo.
- Repeat these previous two steps until all your popsicle sticks are stuck on the photo and cut into individual popsicle stick photo strips.
- Flip your ‘photo’ sticks over, keeping them in right order and personalize with a pen. It is fun to write across the sticks so that the puzzle in more fun to put together!
Wrap your card, place all the sticks in a beautiful bag or simply tie with a big ribbon!
This idea can be used for a myriad of things including a Hebrew school or preschool craft puzzle, using a school photo or a photo of each child and their name written on the back.
Try this out for a fun kids party craft or even for a camp activity where each campers have to find out who their counselor is or where they may be going for a grand trip!
The ideas are endless and so is the fun!
Sent from my iPhone