Ok. So this is now my new ‘go to’ treat!
It’s so simple and you can easily sweeten it even more or make it even more chocolaty:)
For me, this recipe is perfectly lightly sweet (but know that I am very sensitive to sweet products, therefore, add to your hearts desire for this recipe, tasting as you need to until you like it!).
All you need is:
- 1 can of Coconut Milk (not coconut milk from a carton).
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. of Unsweetened Organic Cocoa Powder (or any cocoa powder)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. of Honey (or agave or similar sweetener).
- Place the can of coconut milk into the fridge for at least 24 hours. This will allow the coconut cream to rise to the top of the can. Be careful not to shake the can, as you will only be taking out the cream part.
- Once the cream has separated and remains on the top, carefully spoon out all the cream, leaving the liquid for another use.
- Place the cream into a small bowl and add the cocoa powder and honey and using a hand blender, puree ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust for your preferred flavoring.
Either put this into a ziploc bag and cut the corner and pipe into mini bowls or pipe onto cookies or a piece of cake, making it extra special for those with allergies or those who wish for a healthier ‘icing’ choice.
This recipe makes a very little amount:( so double or triple etc. as you wish!