Amazing Gluten Free Pancakes!Â These are a winner!
Prep Time: 8 minutes / Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes / Yields 12 – 14 pancakes
Recipe from “Against All Grain” by Danielle Walker.
- 6 eggs
- 1 Cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup sliced bananas (use overly ripe ones for more sweetness)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 Tsp. coconut oil or palm shortening
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a blender. Blend on low for 10 seconds, the on high for 30 seconds. The batter should be very smooth. (I used my smoothie maker and just blended for 30 seconds).
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place the oil in a shallow skillet or a griddle over media, heat.
- Spoon , spoonfuls of batter onto hot pan.
- Watch the pancakes closely and carefully flip them once bubbles rise to the surface after about 1 minute.
- Cook on the second side for about 15 to 30 seconds, then keep warm in the oven on 200 F, while you cook remaining batter. (I skip this method and just pile pancakes on a plate covered with a dish towel to keep warm…if kids don’t attack them first!)
They also freeze VERY well! Simply lay the pancakes on a cookie sheet and freeze. When frozen, simply place pancakes into ziplocs so they can defrost easily and will not stick to each other.