Sorry, not great photos as these were from a project last Succos for the Aleph Art Room! (before this blog was born:)
But in any event, this was a FABULOUS craft that has so many uses from imaginative play to decorative!
What you will need:
- Wood Glue (a safe brand for kids, maybe Elmers)
- Cut pieces of wood as seen in photo (I went to a hardware store and asked the owner to donate long pieces to be cut to an appropriate size….sorry, I can’t tell you exact measurements.)
- Wood pergo or simillar floor samples from a flooring store. They actually have these as samples and so again I asked if they could let me take a bunch! These are perfect squares that make a fantastic base for a sukkah!
- Large popsicle sticks for the removable roof!
- Cut out fabric leaves so it is long lasting or you can use real leaves from outside however these will dry out and make a mess, unless you possible shilak or modge podge them first.
- I used Jenga Blocks for benches for the table and another wood piece for the table!
- Get creative with adding a tablecloth, decorations and even a lulav and esrog which was made out of FIMO (just follow instructions on packet for baking).
This was a hit and really a fun project!