So…you may be thinking that this post is “keep calm and bake on!” but really, if you dedicate one afternoon you can mass product these little honey cakes baked in the jars!
And if you do a bunch just for some special friends or our sweet kinderlach, I have no doubt they will be received with grand smiles!
My recipe is above in the Recipe Section of the home page. It is a favorite of mine that also has banana in it, making it moist and an excellent batter for these jars.
Here are the steps:
- Purchase mason jars of your choice (I prefer the “Weck” brand).
- Make cake batter and fill a pitcher for easy and clean pouring.
- Pour the batter into the jars half way. Do not fill more than halfway as the batter will actually rise and reach the top. If your batter ends up rising over the top, simply take a knife when the cakes cool and slice off top so lid will fit. (and consider the drippings on the outside of the jar as a more ‘rustic’ look”).
- Place the jars that are full of batter on a rimmed cookie sheet so you can easily place in oven.
- Bake at the appropriate temperature and for the right time.
- Take out and let cool.
- Place lid on top and garnish with ribbon, labels, tags and even a fork!
- (freeze if you wish).