As I work on my ‘spa for the soul’ event which I have re-named as “Women Illuminating the World”, I wanted to share you a new antique almost retro take on a Shabbos tea light package.
These will include a business size card or similar type card with instructions on how to bentch licht.
To make these beautiful favors:
- Purchase 3″x5″ bags from any craft store or save-on crafts.com, made out of linen. (linen drawstring bags 3×5 12 bags for $5.99)
- Stamp front of bag with personalization like our chabad stamp from expressionary.com (works just fine with the ink that it comes with.)
- Slide 2 tea lights (very cheap from IKEA) into bag so they lie flat, not one on top of the other otherwise bag wont close:)
- To make the match boxes, purchase small match boxes from any hardware store or safeway in the BBQ section. They come in various size packs. I chose the small mini ones that you slide the box of matches out from the cardboard casing.
- To decorate, I used adhesive fabric paper that I found at a craft store but really any paper will work even if you adhere it yourself with double sided tape or a craft adhesive (I wouldn’t suggest using a glue stick as it may not adhere well). Try a sticky embellishment roller tape. Of course, this adds another step so ideally see if you can find something adhesive that looks pretty! (Maybe even washi tapes!).
- Measure, cut and adhere the paper of your choice and voila! Home made match boxes that look beautiful!
- You can add sequins, a label, glitter to your delight! For my needs and style I preferred to keep it looking vintage and simple! (for a change:)
- Slide the matchbox on top of the tea lights and then slide in the neshek card. Pull drawstring and tie in a loose knot or bow!
I will post the card that you can print to go with the Neshek in another post as soon as it’s complete!
I think these are beautiful to have in the Chabad house, your home, your purse!! And of course to slip in a business card will be easy to add upon meeting someone!
More ideas to come!